a- Children under 5 years of age will not be accepted for travel unaccompanied on board MEA flights. A special Escort (MEA flight attendant) is required, and a special charge applies.
b- Children from 5 to 14 years old traveling unaccompanied: a special UM handling is obligatory, and a special charge applies.
c- Upon request, UM handing can be offered by MEA against a charge for minors between 14 and 16 years old.
d- In all cases, unaccompanied children handling cannot be provided on flights not operated by MEA.
What you need to know:
- When purchasing the ticket you will be given a UM wallet, which your child will need to carry throughout his journey. This wallet will contain all necessary travel documents ( ticket, passport etc...)
- Our staff will fill-in a UM Handling advice specifying child’s name and address, telephone numbers of the persons responsible for escorting the child to Airport of departure and picking him up at Airport of destination.
Who will look after your child:
MEA Special Care team at Beirut Airport and our staff at outstations will take charge of your child and look after him/her until aircraft departure.
On board , our flight attendants will ensure UM is cared for and given the preassigned seat. At the airport of destination, our ground staff will accompany and hand over your child to the person designated by you .
Child meal and other special meals are available upon request.
For more information, contact MEA sales offices worldwide or e-mail MEA Customer Services Department mail to: email@example.com
It is advisable that parents or guardian do not leave airport before flight departure.
In case of pregnancy you will be accepted up to and including 34th week of pregnancy. Please make necessary booking and handling arrangements with our Sales Offices well ahead of time.
For Pregnancy beyond 34 weeks, mothers may be accepted provided a written certificate from attending physician that affirms no medical objection against that particular journey
Physically challenged passengers
To ensure you have a comfortable journey, it is important to observe the following points:
- You must check with a physician whether air travel is advisable. Make your reservation , in good time, at least two days prior to departure.
- At reservations, specify your needs (e.g. stretcher) in order for MEA staff to make the necessary arrangements on ground and on board. For example, you must advise us whether you need a wheelchair at departure /arrival or if you are taking your own.
- In the event of illness, a medical form, available at all MEA sales offices, will be completed for you to be signed by both your physician and MEA medical department. It confirms that there is no medical objection to fly by Air.
What you need to know:
Wheelchairs: if you supply your own collapsible wheelchair, you must specify its size, weight and specifications. Wheelchairs that are battery-driven with leak proof wet batteries must be checked as luggage for safety reasons.
If the wheelchair is equipped with dry cell batteries, the batteries have to be disconnected before check-in.
Seeing-eye dogs: fly free of charge with MEA. Since the number of animals traveling in the cabin is limited, please inform us when making your reservations. Entry regulations at your destination must be checked before hand.
Transportation of live animals: Cats & Dogs (PETS) are onboard whenever country regulations permit.
MEA flights provide securely locked in cages and not exceeding 10 Kgs (including container weight) provided they are reserved in advance . Normal excess baggage charges apply regardless of your normal baggage allowance. MEA Sales Offices should be advised ahead of time.
Stretchers: available for completely or severely immobilized passengers. Must be booked beforehand for further proper arrangements.
Who will assist you:
MEA Special Care team at Rafic Hariri International Airport - Beirut will meet you at the airport’s entrance and assist you all the way until the departure of your flight. On board you will have your pre-assigned seat and our flight attendant will ensure you have a comfortable journey. At destination, our ground staff will also extend the same courtesy and attention.
For more information, contact MEA sales offices worldwide or e-mail MEA Customer services Department mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Lounges are available at most airports served by MEA and are offered to our Cedar Class passengers as well as MEA Presidents club and Cedar Miles Members. For details, please check with MEA offices.
Special meals can be arranged at the time you make your reservation, but not later than 24 hours before your departure. Special travel facilities are also available for children traveling alone and for handicapped passengers (including medical cases). For details, please check with our MEA Offices. MEA offices throughout the world will be glad to help you regarding hotel reservations, car rentals etc...