Unaccompanied minors (UM)
a- Children under 5 years of age will not be accepted for travel unaccompanied on board MEA flights. A special Escort (MEA flight attendant) is required, and a special charge applies.
b- Children from 5 to 11 years old inclusive traveling unaccompanied: a special UM handling is obligatory, and a special charge applies.
c- Upon request, UM handing can be offered by MEA against a charge for minors between 12 and 16 years old.
d- In all cases, unaccompanied children handling cannot be provided on flights not operated by MEA.
What you need to know:
- When purchasing the ticket you will be given a UM wallet, which your child will need to carry throughout his journey. This wallet will contain all necessary travel documents ( ticket, passport etc...)
- Our staff will fill-in a UM Handling advice specifying child’s name and address, telephone numbers of the persons responsible for escorting the child to Airport of departure and picking him up at Airport of destination.
Who will look after your child:
MEA Special Care team at Beirut Airport and our staff at outstations will take charge of your child and look after him/her until aircraft departure.
On board , our flight attendants will ensure UM is cared for and given the preassigned seat. At the airport of destination, our ground staff will accompany and hand over your child to the person designated by you .
Child meal and other special meals are available upon request.
For more information, contact MEA sales offices worldwide or e-mail MEA Special Services Unit (Call Center): email@example.com
It is advisable that parents or guardian do not leave airport before flight departure.
In case of pregnancy you will be accepted up to and including 34th week of pregnancy. Please make necessary booking and handling arrangements with our Sales Offices well ahead of time.
For Pregnancy beyond 34 weeks, mothers may be accepted provided a written certificate from attending physician that affirms no medical objection against that particular journey
Physically challenged passengers
Flight Booking and Reservations
Upon completing your reservation, and in case you need special assistance during your journey, you are required to notify your booking office (either travel agency, MEA sales offices, or MEA Call Center: +961 (0)1 629999; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ) at least 48 hours prior to your departure.
In case no such notification is made in advance, MEA and its contracted service providers will not be able to provide you with the required assistance.
At the Airport
On the day of your travel, we recommend that you are at the airport at least 3 hours before your departure time.
For more information contact MEAG Special Services at Beirut-Rafic Hariri International Airport Tel:+961 (0)1 622773 / 623773 ; E-mail: email@example.com
Passengers With Reduced Mobility
- Upon your request, MEA will provide you with a wheelchair free of charge. Please make sure you inform us of this either during or after booking.
- Requests should specify whether the passenger is self-reliant and able to travel alone and meet the safety requirement. If not, the passenger should be accompanied by another person.
- Whenever a wheelchair is requested, the nature of illness or nature of disability must be clearly advised.
- If you want to take your own collapsible wheelchair with you, your wheelchair will be carried in the baggage hold free of charge.
If you supply your own wheelchair, you must notify us and specify its size, weight and specifications at least 48 hours before Departure.
- Wheelchairs that are battery-driven with leak proof wet batteries must be checked as luggage for safety reasons.
- If the wheelchair is equipped with dry cell batteries, the batteries have to be disconnected before check-in or boarding.
During the flight, our flight attendants will assist passengers with reduced mobility as much as they can. Please note, that our flight attendants cannot carry or lift passengers or provide nursing service.
An accompanying person is required in case a person requires individual nursing or care during the flight, or in case the passenger is not self-reliant and cannot meet the safety requirement.
Stretcher & Extra Oxygen
Passengers who can only travel on a lying position and cannot use normal aircraft seat due to medical situation, can request to travel on a stretcher.
- To be requested at least 48 hours prior to departure at the booking stage
- Medical form shall be obtained from MEA sales offices or firstname.lastname@example.org
- This form must be filled and signed by the patient’s doctor and must be approved by MEA doctor through special services unit.
BLIND (or Visually Impaired Passenger) / DEAF (or Hearing Impaired Passenger)
- No medical clearance is required.
- Can travel alone or accompanied by his/her seeing dog.
- The seeing eye dog will be carried with passenger in the cabin free of charge with no limitation on its weight or size.
- MEA must be notified at least 48 hours prior to departure in order to notify captain and crew on board.
Passenger with Cognitive Disabilities (or Mentally ill Passenger)
- Medical clearance is required indicating if he/she can travel alone or must be accompanied.
- MEA must be notified at least 48 hours prior to departure in order to notify airports, Captain and Crew on board.
Transportationof live animals
Transportation of live animals: Cats & Dogs (PETS) are onboard whenever country regulations permit.
MEA flights provide securely locked in cages and not exceeding 10 Kgs (including container weight) provided they are reserved in advance . Normal excess baggage charges apply regardless of your normal baggage allowance. MEA Sales Offices should be advised ahead of time.
Special Lounges are available at most airports served by MEA and are offered to our Cedar Class passengers as well as MEA Presidents club and Cedar Miles Members. For details, please check with MEA offices.
Special meals can be arranged at the time you make your reservation, but not later than 24 hours before your departure. Special travel facilities are also available for children traveling alone and for handicapped passengers (including medical cases). For details, please check with our MEA Offices. MEA offices throughout the world will be glad to help you regarding hotel reservations, car rentals etc...